Pictures for front page needed

Discussion in 'Showskiers.com Announcements' started by 2MERCS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. JGraff

JGraff New Showskier

Ski Team:
    Wonder Lake
    A few Wonder Lake jump pics....

Attached Files:

2. DavidRezin

DavidRezin New Showskier

Back Bridge Barefoot Start: Tomahawk, WI

Attached Files:

3. showdog

showdog New Showskier

The picture of the double one-ski jump is great, but it isn't making any sense to me. Is it possible that the picture is reversed? Is it a front or a gainer? Thanx for great photos.

4. jordan_22

jordan_22 Showskier

Ski Team:
    Aquaducks
    Is it maybe a mobe? because for a front or a gainer they would have to be looking towards the jump at that point.

5. h2oskiBrad

h2oskiBrad New Showskier

I think its just the angle the picture was taken. It looks like a double 1 ski gainer to me. They are coming around spotting their landing

6. showdog

showdog New Showskier

Brad - If they are gainers then they must be landing backwards or as you said it must be a really strange camera angle. Even if they really pinwheeled them I can't see how it is possible.

7. KentK

KentK Established Showskier

Showdog,
    Look at the next photo. The far left and the far right positions are gainers too. Probably the same guys. In the second picture, they are also somewhat slid out to the side. This is probably one of the most common occurrences with a ramp gainer and happens when the trick is started before the top of the ramp or even if the arm is let out before the top. This causes the trick to almost look like a cartwheel. The first picture has captured the action at the upside down point and the skis and heads are facing the inside (boatside) position as you would expect when the skis slide out to the outside (crowdside). Either way a cool trick and great photography in capturing the action.

8. showdog

showdog New Showskier

Kent,
    Even if you look at the quad jump that you indicated if you continue the jumper's rotation they will land tips forward. However, If you continue the double slalom jump rotation and if they are indeed gainers (and I suspect they are because there are not a ton of guys who can do consistent slalom fronts) the jumpers should land with the backs of their jumpers facing forward. Interesting photo tho. If the jumpers are throwing a somewhat radical pinwheel technique that might explain it. Perhaps the jumpers or photographer can shed some light on it. I know one thing, there is a wide variety of technique in freestyle jumps. Either way great photography and some very talented jumpers, they certainly have my respect and admiration!

9. JGraff

JGraff New Showskier

Ski Team:
    Wonder Lake
    it's a double one ski gainer. we're both spotting our landings like Brad said. i never thought it looked like anything else but i guess that's because i'm in it. comparing it to the the other 4 man pic doesn't work at all. it's the same gainer guys, but they're totally different tricks. 1 ski and 2 guys vs. 2 skis and 4 guys....way different in how you do the trick. glad you all like the pics, we have great photo people. i'll get some more up eventually.

10. DavidRezin

DavidRezin New Showskier

Just as a side note... Based on previous experience and watching Jarrett over the years. By far and away he is one of the best, if not THE best, inside gainer guys I have ever had the pleasure to jump with or watch. Nice Job JG.

Go Team Timberidge Taxidermy!